Genesee Symphony Orchestra
℅ Katharine Wilson (email@example.com)
Dear Music Educators and Students:
The Genesee Symphony Orchestra is excited about sponsoring its 13th annual Young Artist Competition, which will be open to all music students, vocal and instrumental in Grades 8-11. The Orchestra is hoping to provide the opportunity for a high school-age student to perform with the Genesee Symphony Orchestra in its 2022-2023 concert season. The Music Director/Conductor and adjudication panel will make the final decision on whether or not the top performer will be of the caliber to perform with the orchestra. The winner, his or her teacher, and the conductor will then select the piece that will be performed at the concert.
Below is a list of pertinent information needed for those wishing to compete:
- Student must currently be enrolled in grades 8-11.
- Student must perform a NYSSMA Solo Level V or VI and consider trying-out on the selection to be performed with the Orchestra.
- There will be a non-refundable $10 fee.
- The Competition will take place in the morning of Saturday, March 26th, 2022 at the First Presbyterian Church, 300 Main Street, Batavia, NY 14020
- Students must provide their own accompanist. A piano will be provided.
- Soloists will be limited to a 15-minute time frame.
Applications must be received by Monday, March 11th, 2022. Please contact Katharine Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Send applications to Katharine Wilson at the address listed above or on the application form.